cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RALUS on Kernel 3.0 issues

michael_peter
Level 3

Hi there,

I have two linux servers (arch linux) with RALUS. Everything worked well till I upgraded the kernel to 3.0.

Now RALUS seems to start but after 5 seconds it crashs:

*** glibc detected *** /opt/VRTSralus/bin/beremote: free(): invalid pointer: 0xb58edd40 ***

The version was quit old (4164.5) so I tried to upgrade it.
After a manually installation of version 5204.4 I can't get it to work. If I install the rpm-files in the RALUS64 directory I get the error I can't execute the file /opt/VRTSralus/bin/beremote. Chmod 777 doesn't help.
If I install the rpm-files in the pkgs directory beremote crashes again like the old version (log file: "GetIfAddrs(LINUX): failed err = 11")

Because BE crahes on two systems it must caused by kernel 3.0.

Any suggestions?

kind regards
Michael

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

michael_peter
Level 3

I installed an older kernel (2.6 lts). After booting the "new" kernel beremote starts correct and I can connect to it.

So, Linux kernel 3.0 seems to be not supported yet (until Ralus version 5204.4).

Regards Michael

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Ken_Putnam
Level 6

What type/version of Linux are you running?

michael_peter
Level 3

#uname -a

Linux 3.0-ARCH #1 SMP PREEMPT ... i686

As far as I know i686 is the 32 bit version.

So now it is clear why RALUS64 can not execute the beremote file.

But why crashes the 32 bit version with null pointer exception?

michael_peter
Level 3

If I start "beremote --log-console" I get an error "GetIfAddrs(LINUX): failed err = 11".

After this the invalid pointer exception appears.

michael_peter
Level 3

I installed an older kernel (2.6 lts). After booting the "new" kernel beremote starts correct and I can connect to it.

So, Linux kernel 3.0 seems to be not supported yet (until Ralus version 5204.4).

Regards Michael

Ken_Putnam
Level 6

Well. you're lucky that works, as Arch Linux is not one of the supported flavors