cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RALUS on RHEL5

bfilipek
Not applicable
Hello Symantec,

Can you tell me if RedHat AP (advanced platform) v 5.1 is supported in the latest version of BackupExec? Or if there are any patches/hotfixes I can download that will allow the RALUS agent to work with v5.1? The compatibility doc doesnt show it but I see support for 5.0.  http://ftp.support.veritas.com/pub/support/products/Backup_Exec_for_WindowsNT/295304.pdf

Thanks.
Brad
1 REPLY 1

RahulM
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
Brad,
The contents of the Software Compatibility document including 3rd party applications, databases, operating systems, in combination with Symantec products represent what has been tested in Symantec labs, or in Symantec-supervised partner labs, but is not intended to be a complete list of supported products and versions. Manufacturers of these products may frequently release minor version updates to their products as maintenance during their product's normal life cycle. (e.g. version 1.x.x.x) that may not be explicitly listed in this document. In these situations where the base or major version of the product is listed as supported in the SCL but the minor maintenance update is not, Symantec will provide "best effort" support on these versions until specific testing of them has completed.
Not every combination of software and hardware is tested. Symantec provides best efforts to qualify Backup Exec with as many different operating systems,service packs, hardware platforms, database application service packs, and other applications as possible. However, due to the number of combinations, it is not possible to test all combinations for compatibility. If a particular service pack or version is not listed as specifically tested by Symantec, it may work fine, but has not been explicitly tested by Symantec with Backup Exec.
 To request additions to this list: If a particular platform is not currently listed as being supported, a request for additions to this list can be made through the
Symantec Product Enhancement Web site: <http://enhancement.symantec.com>