cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ralus Agent patches on Linux environment

paolo_francolin
Level 4

Hi all, i am stuck again :(

After few updates of BE2012, i've installed the SP2 as suggested by the community to solve issues with ESX,  i must patch the ralus agents on Linux (CentOS6.4-x86_64) as warned by the update process, docs and warmings.

The problem is: when i go to the agents location in my appliance, symappliancebe\c$\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec\Agents i see:

• ralus1798.1244SP2.tar.gz
  • ralus1798.1251HF209149.tar.gz
  • ralus1798HF189571.tar.gz
  • ralus1798HF201596.tar.gz
  • ralus1798SP1.tar.gz

Anall those agents should be updated by the LiveUpdate process, but the question is, which one should i pick? I've seen examples where everyone uses the one with HF in the name, maybe stands for HotFix, but i am not sure.

Thx in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified

An unsupported configuration means that it has not been tested.  If it works, you are lucky.  However, there is no guarantee that it will work forever.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

pkh
   VIP    Certified
I hope you are aware that CentOS is not supported

Biker_Dude
Level 5
Employee

The following is a link to the Backup Exec 2012 SCL:

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH175581

For a complete listing of supported Agents for Linux go to:

Backup Exec 2012 Agent - Operating System Compatibility | Agent for Linux Compatibility

paolo_francolin
Level 4

I am, but it was working, i just dont get why now everything seems broken

pkh
   VIP    Certified

An unsupported configuration means that it has not been tested.  If it works, you are lucky.  However, there is no guarantee that it will work forever.

paolo_francolin
Level 4

Well that's all then, back to my old fashioned backups then. Hope Symantec will wake up soon, CentOS is not that different from RedHat (except the money...) and the last Ubuntu supported OS is dead in October 2012... :p