cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ralus Unable to browse root partition

npratas
Level 2

Hy,

I am having a problem with my RALUS agent on a Redhat Enterprise. When i try to validate credentials, i have success validating server but unable to browse root partition on that server. 

When i try to validate credentilas beremot shutsdown on the Redhat System.

As attachment is beremote debug information.

any help will be appreciated.

5 REPLIES 5

Hopsnbarley
Level 4
Employee

What version of RedHat is this ?  Have you been able to browse this system from BE in the past, or is this a new server your trying to backup?  Are you using the root account or another user account to attach to the linux box

Hy,

We are running Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 6.0 (Santiago) and backup exec version is 2012.

Yes, I am using root account to attach to linux.

There are several linux servers with the same problem, for some is the first time backup, others not.

No problems for remote Windows machines. 

Thanks

I've found this tech note (although it doesn't specify if it is for Backup Exec 2012),but it does sound similar to your issue.

https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.000025457

You also may want to make sure you have the latest SP installed for Backup Exec 2012 media server and Ralus agent. I believe SP4 was the last SP released for Backup Exec 2012.

Thank you,

I will check glibc version and update. I will get back to post some feedback.

Smaller update: I manage to run the backup job on RH 5, unable on RH 6. Ralus running last version (SP4).

glibc version

glibc.i686 2.12-1.7.el6 @rhel-test-env-db-server
glibc.x86_64 2.12-1.7.el6 @anaconda-RedHatEnterpriseLinux-201009221801.x86_64/6.0

regards