cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Random Backup Issues.

darwindog1999
Level 2
I have been looking at this for sometime for a customer now.  Performing updates as they came out, but too no avail.

At random their Backup Will Fail after about 3 hours. 

The error I get in the log is 0xe000fe30 - A communications failure has occurred.  For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-65072.

Then a second error V-79-57344-65072 - The exchange store service is not responding.  Backup set cancelled.

At the same time I start to see lots of errors from MSExchangeAL Event ID 8026.  I also see MSExchangeDSAccess event ID 2102 and 2103, as well as MSExchangeSA Event ID 9154.  At this point the customer thinks the server has locked up and he reports to me that he performs a hard shutdown.

There is also an oddity here in that in the event log, the Unexpected shutdown (obviously as a result of pressing the power button), is registered in the event log with a time stamp of 7:00am (approx) but the text in the event says the time was from the previous day, usually about 11:57pm (or thereabouts) and the server has continued to run for several hours afterwards.

Its very random.  Has happened twice in the last week, both times on a wednesday, before that it was a month ago.  This is a very small exchange server, couple of users, database size is about 5gb or so.  AV is AVG Datacenter database version 8.2.138.

Backup exec version is 12.5 Rev 2213.

Thanks in advance

Andy
5 REPLIES 5

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
That communications error is most likely as a result of the RAWS agent giving errors. Check to see where it's publishing too (which backup server), and point this to your backup server if need be.
The Exchange error COULD be the Information Store dismounting if you haven't been able to clear the logs, and your logs drive has run out of space. I have seen this error happen when Exchange is essentially offline. However, it ties in with your error above. If your backup server cannot communicate with RAWS, Exchange will obviously fail.

mbjorkqvist
Level 2
Partner Accredited

Where you able to solve the problem?

We're having exactly the same issue on two of our customers' servers. Both are running Windows SBS 2003 and Backup Exec 12.0. About once every week, after Backup Exec has performed an Exchange backup the server kind of  "freezes" and the event log is filled with these events:

MSExcahngeAL ID 8026
MSExchangeDSAccess ID2102 ID2103

After this the server can't be restarted or shut down through the operating system, the only way to restart is by switching off the power. Anotherstrange thing is that the problem occurs on the same day for both customers?!

Any help on this subject would be appreciated

mitel_068
Not applicable
Did anyone solved this problem yet?

Have been watching this forum for couple of wheeks, can't find any other information about this on the inet.
If you search on the events seperatly there are some things you can check but still doesnt solve the problem.
So if someone has an solution for this, i 'd be very grateful

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
Any news...? Is AVG not scanning your files and stopping them?

If this is the solution, please mark it as such.

mbjorkqvist
Level 2
Partner Accredited