cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receive Error 193 loading DVD browser plugin D:\bin\BrowserOps/dll %1 is not a valid Win32 Application

ITKitten
Level 2
I receive this error when trying to install BE 2010 on a Server 2008 64 bit server. There are a few forums out there addressing this issue however I cannot access those pages for whatever reason. I hope someone can point me in the right direction, I need to get this installed to fix a tape driver issue from 12.5.
Thanks~~
19 REPLIES 19

Hemant_Jain
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
It appears to be a problem with downloaded file. Please get to following url to download the same:

https://www4.symantec.com/Vrt/offer?a_id=91523

You may either download single iso or set of iso's and combine them to one. Once iso is downloaded, you may want to burn it to a DVD or to use a third party software to mount the DVD.

Please mark it a solution, if this is useful.
Thanks

ITKitten
Level 2
I downloaded the single ISO, burned to DVD and get the same error. Copied the data to the server hard drive using WinImage. Same error.

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
Welcome to my pain!!! The same image works on 1 server, but not on another!
About to log a call with Symantec over this, and if I get a solution, I will put it down here!

Laters!

Colin_Weaver

There have been issues downloading the image from our Fileshare/FileConnect location if you try to download the complete 3GB image (Note you wil find the downloaded file is probably not 3GB in size)

This is being looked into.

The 4 smaller files (along with the CMD file to reassemble) should work - however the best place to retrieve the 3GB ISO file from is the Trailware links available via http://www.backupexec.com

Note: CraigV's issue with 1 server working and one not sounds a little odd and may need further investigation - unless his image is not 3GB and the reason it works on one server is somethiong to do with the operating system on that server.

CraigV

Hi there,

The OS on all our servers are Windows Server 2003 w/SP2. The DVD ISO is definitely 3GB, but I have started to copy the smaller files across our WAN to the sites that still need to be installed. Will keep all informed...

Laters!

magix
Level 5
Partner Accredited

I have the same problem with the 4 separate files, downloaded in July 2010 ?

What should we do in such cases ? We need no install BackupExec !

Thanks a lot in advance for any suggestion...

magix
Level 5
Partner Accredited
A "solution" is published on : http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/345791.htm

But this is not useful because later on we get a new message :
Unable to load D:\BE\WinNT\Install\BE32\Install\media\bin\ResDll_FR.dll
Error : %1 is not a valid application

AmolB
The only solution for the above is download a new ISO which is of 3GB.

Don't  combine the 4 ISO's into 1. Most of the times the ISO goes corrupt.

magix
Level 5
Partner Accredited

Finally it seems official Backup Exec 2010 are corrupt !!!
I am trying to download them from http://www.symantec.com/business/products/family.jsp?familyid=backupexec
It is said to be better, I am trying...

AmolB
Instead of burning a DVD try to extract the ISO using powerISO tool.

magix
Level 5
Partner Accredited

Thank you for your reply. In fact I never burned ISO, I'm "mounting" them in Windows, or accessing them from VMWare.
But in both cases I got the same errors.

When trying to download from the trial website, it fails, even with download manager...
Don't know anymore what to do :|

magix
Level 5
Partner Accredited
Ok finally, after many retries I was able to download the ISO from Trial website

Bengaul
Level 4
Hi, I seem to be having the same issue. Has this been resolved?

Many thanks,

Ben

AmolB
Hello

The ISO should be more than 3GB in size, downloading a new ISO should fix your issue. Instead of 4 ISO's download a single ISO

OneDown
Not applicable

After an hour or so with Symantec support with no luck and no call back better then 24 hours later. and downloaded in every way  I could do it. I finally started to execute the the failing log commands one by one. The C++ failure was fixed The C++ error was because Symantec was looking for the VCREDI~3 in the wrong place. you can get this file from using the switches on the manual C++ install from Microsoft. After I placed a copy where the install was looking this passed. I then had a MS SQL Express install error. Symantec's SQLExp.exe was too big at 56 mb probably corrupted, replaced it with a copy from Microsoft web site. The install and update completed without error. Good Luck

ChrisBl
Not applicable

Having the exact same issue except I'm on Windows Server 2003 x64 SP2.  First attempt, I downloaded the 4 .isos and the .cmd file to merge them.  That took 4 hours.  Upon mounting the .iso, it seemed fine, but failed with the error described by the OP.  That took 4 hours to download from Fileconnect using the managed download utility.  Shouldn't that recognize if the file is corrupt and resend?

The .iso seems to be working as it loads up fine in Daemon Tools, but the installer just fails.  Even trying the shortcut to the \BEx64\setup.exe fails about .NET not installing.  Seems like a poorly assembled installation package to me.  I guess I'll try installing .NET manually and see if I can get further.  In the meantime, I'm trying the Trialware download, but it's creeping at 100KB/sec (at most).  It's going to take ANOTHER 8 hours just for that download.  Oh also, I couldn't use my SymAccount to download the Trialware, I had to sign up for a new account to do so.  This reflects poorly on Symantec's ability to provide it's customers with:

1) a working copy of the already paid for software

2) adequate support as to how to work around a known issue

3) sufficient high-speed download mirrors.  At today's speed, 100KB/sec download is excruciatingly slow, especially for a 3.5GB file.  You're a big company, get a big company-like connection and more mirrors.

4)  selective product packages.  Why do you need to put all languages and products in one package?  Break it up so it's not such a monstrosity to download.

Frustrated.

theCorkman
Not applicable

Still a problem for me too.  It blows my mind that we're past the 1 year anniversary of this problem. Has Symantec decided to stop supporting Backup Exec?

ITCrazy99
Level 2

Help me resolve this because on this I am unable to run a clean job or eject media from my robotics library.

CraigV

Hi,

Have you posted to the correct forum query?