cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receiving Event ID 33808 (An error occurred while processing a B2D command.)

Trinee_BE
Level 4

I use BE 2010 R2 and the media server 2008 R2. There is no B2D configured with backup exec, but when  ever a backup job is intiated, event viewer generates Event ID 33808.

Previously I had B2D but there is no B2D active with the BE now. I performed repair installation still the same evnt

What can be done next?

3 REPLIES 3

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...maybe consider an upgrade to BE 2010 R3 with SP2. It fixed a number of issues with the previous 2 versions, and the good thing is that you can use your current licenses.

Grab copies of the Data/Catalogs folders before doing the upgrade, and once done, run LiveUpdate to install BE 2010 R3 SP2 and any subsequent patches (might have to be done a couple of times)...once done, push-install these agents to the remote servers to update them and upgrade them.

You can get the ISO on the link below:

http://trialware.norton.com/files/fc/Backup_Exec_2010_13.0.5204_MultiPlatforms_Multilingual_DVD.iso

Thanks!

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

If there is no B2D configured with Backup Exec, do confirm if the folder.cfg & changer.cfg files are removed from the actual physical location (the one where the B2D previously resided)

And just to confirm, the B2D is not listed under the Devices tab, right ?

Trinee_BE
Level 4

Still updating the 2010 R3, I will update the status today. Thanks