cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recover Mailbox folder Backup Exec 12.5 Exchange 2003

OK_GO
Level 3

I am trying to recover a Mailbox folder from back to a redirected server. I have already created the Recovery Storage Group on the other Exchange server  and mounted the database but when ran the job fails. The RSG is mounted and I don't dismount the database in the Restore.

The job failed with the following error: Cannot restore one or more mailboxes. The database that the mailboxes reside in is dismounted or is not accessible. Ensure that the server is available and that the database is mounted, and then run the job again.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

OK_GO
Level 3

I resloved this issue. I created a second Exchange server, created mailbox logged into it once, restored my emails. Exported them with exmerge for exchange and the attached them as a .pst for the user. Not the cleanest but it worked.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Mayuresh_Thule
Level 3
Partner Accredited
Please install the remote agent on Redirect server. After instaling the remote agent please ensure the Exchange Server name , Login credentials, and Mailbox name is specified correctly. See the Figure atteched below. if you have tried restoring earlier then change the data base name befour you restore agen.

OK_GO
Level 3

The Remote Agent is on the redirected server. Is there a different agent for exchange? The mailbox doesn't exsist on this server. When I get this to restore successfully will it be in the RSG or in the First Admin Group?

Cannot restore one or more mailboxes. The database that the mailboxes reside in is dismounted or is not accessible. Ensure that the server is available and that the database is mounted, and then run the job again.
Final error category: Resource Errors

OK_GO
Level 3

I resloved this issue. I created a second Exchange server, created mailbox logged into it once, restored my emails. Exported them with exmerge for exchange and the attached them as a .pst for the user. Not the cleanest but it worked.