cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recovering Linux

jagomez_sv
Level 3

Thank you very much for directing me to this topic PKH. 

I have a question you do not know or can guide me, the company adquierio BE 2012 agent system recovery but not to think the recovery disk or restore the complete server image. 

In the version of BESR 10 performed the recovery of my entire operating system from a boot disk. 

But in BE2012 version I'm not sure how to do this.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified

There is no version of BE which support any version of CentOS.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Unfortunately, BE 2012 cannot recover an entire Linux system.  You can only backup and restore files in a Linux system.

jagomez_sv
Level 3

PKH thanks for clarify my doubt in case of linux. 

In the case of windows as I'm sure: 
That I have installed the correct license to make images of my OS. 
As I have to create the policy Endorsement to complete the image. 
and as doctors performed the rescue, as we perform image restoration in the case of windows servers. 

Thanks for all your help. 

regards

pkh
   VIP    Certified

For Windows system, you can either use SDR or a manual recovery to restore the entire Windows machine.

jagomez_sv
Level 3

PKH 

Thanks for all the help. 

Just let you know that instlae RALUS agent on linux (CentOS 4), and can not get the media server to connect to the server that can not be failing. 

I show my configuration file RALUS:

Software\Symantec\Backup Exec For Windows\Agent Browser\TcpIp\AdvertisementPort=6101

Software\Symantec\Backup Exec For Windows\Backup Exec\Debug\VXBSAlevel=

Software\Symantec\Backup Exec For Windows\Backup Exec\Engine\Agents\Advertise All=1

Software\Symantec\Backup Exec For Windows\Backup Exec\Engine\Agents\Advertise Now=0

Software\Symantec\Backup Exec For Windows\Backup Exec\Engine\Agents\Advertisement Purge=0

Software\Symantec\Backup Exec For Windows\Backup Exec\Engine\Agents\Advertising Disabled=0

Software\Symantec\Backup Exec For Windows\Backup Exec\Engine\Agents\Advertising Interval Minutes=240

Software\Symantec\Backup Exec For Windows\Backup Exec\Engine\Agents\Agent Directory List 1=10.1.1.7

Software\Symantec\Backup Exec For Windows\Backup Exec\Engine\Agents\Auto Discovery Enabled=1

Software\Symantec\Backup Exec For Windows\Backup Exec\Engine\Logging\RANT NDMP Debug Level=0

Software\Symantec\Backup Exec For Windows\Backup Exec\Engine\RALUS\DisableOFO=0

Software\Symantec\Backup Exec For Windows\Backup Exec\Engine\RALUS\Encoder=

Software\Symantec\Backup Exec For Windows\Backup Exec\Engine\RALUS\ShowTSAFS=

Software\Symantec\Backup Exec For Windows\Backup Exec\Engine\RALUS\SystemExclude1=/dev/*.*

Software\Symantec\Backup Exec For Windows\Backup Exec\Engine\RALUS\SystemExclude2=/proc/*.*

Software\Symantec\Backup Exec For Windows\Backup Exec\Engine\RALUS\SystemExclude3=/mnt/nss/pools/

Software\Symantec\Backup Exec For Windows\Backup Exec\Engine\RALUS\SystemExclude4=/mnt/nss/.pools

/

Software\Symantec\Backup Exec For Windows\Backup Exec\Engine\RALUS\SystemExclude5=/sys/*.*

Software\Symantec\Backup Exec For Windows\Backup Exec\Engine\RALUS\SystemExclude6=/_admin/*.*

Software\Symantec\Backup Exec For Windows\Backup Exec\Engine\RALUS\VfmPath=/opt/VRTSralus/VRTSvxm

If you look for something wrong with my setup. 

regards

jagomez_sv
Level 3

PKH 

Thanks for all the help. 

Just let you know that instlae RALUS agent on linux (CentOS 4), and can not get the media server to connect to the server that can not be failing. 

I show my configuration file RALUS: 

jagomez_sv
Level 3

Software\Symantec\Backup Exec For Windows\Agent Browser\TcpIp\AdvertisementPort=6101

Software\Symantec\Backup Exec For Windows\Backup Exec\Debug\VXBSAlevel=

Software\Symantec\Backup Exec For Windows\Backup Exec\Engine\Agents\Advertise All=1

Software\Symantec\Backup Exec For Windows\Backup Exec\Engine\Agents\Advertise Now=0

Software\Symantec\Backup Exec For Windows\Backup Exec\Engine\Agents\Advertisement Purge=0

Software\Symantec\Backup Exec For Windows\Backup Exec\Engine\Agents\Advertising Disabled=0

Software\Symantec\Backup Exec For Windows\Backup Exec\Engine\Agents\Advertising Interval Minutes=240

Software\Symantec\Backup Exec For Windows\Backup Exec\Engine\Agents\Agent Directory List 1=10.1.1.7

jagomez_sv
Level 3

Software\Symantec\Backup Exec For Windows\Backup Exec\Engine\Agents\Auto Discovery Enabled=1

Software\Symantec\Backup Exec For Windows\Backup Exec\Engine\Logging\RANT NDMP Debug Level=0

Software\Symantec\Backup Exec For Windows\Backup Exec\Engine\RALUS\DisableOFO=0

Software\Symantec\Backup Exec For Windows\Backup Exec\Engine\RALUS\Encoder=

Software\Symantec\Backup Exec For Windows\Backup Exec\Engine\RALUS\ShowTSAFS=

Software\Symantec\Backup Exec For Windows\Backup Exec\Engine\RALUS\SystemExclude1=/dev/*.*

Software\Symantec\Backup Exec For Windows\Backup Exec\Engine\RALUS\SystemExclude2=/proc/*.*

Software\Symantec\Backup Exec For Windows\Backup Exec\Engine\RALUS\SystemExclude3=/mnt/nss/pools/

jagomez_sv
Level 3

Software\Symantec\Backup Exec For Windows\Backup Exec\Engine\RALUS\SystemExclude4=/mnt/nss/.pools

/

Software\Symantec\Backup Exec For Windows\Backup Exec\Engine\RALUS\SystemExclude5=/sys/*.*

Software\Symantec\Backup Exec For Windows\Backup Exec\Engine\RALUS\SystemExclude6=/_admin/*.*

Software\Symantec\Backup Exec For Windows\Backup Exec\Engine\RALUS\VfmPath=/opt/VRTSralus/VRTSvxm

If you look for something wrong with my setup. 

regards

pkh
   VIP    Certified

There is no version of BE which support any version of CentOS.

Artegic
Level 6

The classification of https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/idea/support-ralus-centos as "already provided" seems to imply otherwise.