cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recovering selection list for Backup Exec for Windows Servers ver 12.0

Barrie_Temple
Level 2

Hi

I have accidentally deleted a large proportion of a selection list and would like to know how I can recover this from a system backup that was made prior to the changes.

I discovered an article here relating to ver 10d which said that on Windows Server 2003 this can be done by restoring the BEDB.BAK file.

I tried doing the following :-

Restored the old (pre changes) BEDB.BAK file to a different folder
     Stopped all BE services and BE
     Moved the current (amended) BEDB.BAK file out of the data folder
     Moved the restored (original) file into the data folder
     Restarted the services and BE

After doing this, the old (pre changes) selection list has not re-appeared. BE is still showing the amended selection list (i.e. the one where I've deleted lots of entries).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

JT_T
Level 5
Partner Certified
You're in point when you have restored backup file from backup. Now you should run the actual database restore using BEutility.exe, which can be found from your BE's installation folder.

There should be option for restoring database, cannot remember the whole process but it's not that hard to figure it out, you'll see when you start utility.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

JT_T
Level 5
Partner Certified
You're in point when you have restored backup file from backup. Now you should run the actual database restore using BEutility.exe, which can be found from your BE's installation folder.

There should be option for restoring database, cannot remember the whole process but it's not that hard to figure it out, you'll see when you start utility.

Barrie_Temple
Level 2
That did the job. I selected Drop existing database and reload from backup from the Recover Database option in Database Tasks. Thanks for your help JT_T, it's much appreciated.

Symanticus
Level 6
How can we backup and restore the BE Database in the SQL Server in case we want to reinstall the media server in new hardware as clean install ?

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
Hi Albert,

Create a new forum discussion...makes it available to everyone, and someone gets the reward for answering your query correctly =)

ronmer
Level 3
 Looking for confirmation and/or How to for restoring a BE 12.5d Media Server.

I have my 12.5d Media server (works great!) however the current disk configuration is somewhat less than optimal.  So What I plan to do is do a full backup of my Media server to Tape, then tear down this server, re-do the hardrive configuration and then re-install BE 12.5d.  What I am concerned about is that I don't want to have to re-create all of my policies or lose my catalogs etc....

If I restore from Tape,  I figure that after the cataloging is complete, I will restore my \\Program Files\Symantec\BackupExec data to a "Restore Folder" and then find a Utility that I can run that I can direct to look into this "Restore" directory and restore all relevevant data such as licenses, policies, catalogs etc...

I think what I am asking in a nutshell, is How much am I going to have to re-input by hand vs retrieve from the tape and if this is the case, what order/method or Utilities can I utilize to help me make this a painless as possible.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
-Ron

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
Hi Ron,

Open up a new forum discussion...someone can help you there and get the points for a solution...