cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recurrent back set duplication job

ferjero989
Level 3

hi!
i got a client with 2 sites, and the main console in the remote site..
the backup jobs will perform a backup job locally and then a duplication job to send the sets remotelly.
the thing is.. this doesnt repeat.. it only works once., how tp make it happend every week?
i want it to make a full backup every saturday, then send the data to the other site.. what do?

TL;TR:i want it to make a full backup every saturday, then send a duplicate of the backup to another storage.. every week.. what do?
4 REPLIES 4

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

Perform the following steps
1. Create a full backup Job and schedule it to run on every saturday or as per your need
2. Created duplicated --- In Job set up you can see the this option to create a duplicate job ---select  the option to Duplicate backup set for the existing Job .
So this way after the original scheduled job completes it will start the duplicate job immediatly
If you want to sechedule the duplicate job to run at some specific time you would need to configure the job via policy
Which would have the following two template
1. Full backup job
2. Duplicate backup Job
Hope this information helps

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

Any update on this !!!

ferjero989
Level 3
well. thats what i did, but it will only run once..
(the recurrent status will get turned off)
also.. sometimes it wont even run (tried several times) could it be the running window to be too short?

ferjero989
Level 3

i must said.. i never had so many problems with symantec backup exec.. i been using it since version 9 ...
now i just noticed.. for some reason all of the incremental backups are taking the same space as if they were full..
i ran a full backup on saturday.. total was: 40gb
i run an incremental every day... each day was 41-42gb... why is that ?