cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Redirect Restore Location - Without Overhead Folder Structure

SBE_User
Level 4

First of all - why in the "Create Forum Discussion" is there no option for Symantec Backup Exec 2015?

Likewise - why is there no option for Windows Server 2012?

On to the issue at hand...

I can create a restore job, direct it to a different server, and it works... but it won't just put the folder(s) I want where I tell it to go.

For example - say my backup job from Server 1 is of TopFolder1\Folder2\Folder3\Folder4\My_Data

I create a restore job to go to "a different location" - Server 2 at TopFolder2\NewDataFolder

Further, in my restore settings I deselect the "Recreate the directory structure..." option.

I would then expect upon completion that on Server 2 I would be able to browse to TopFolder2\NewDataFolder\My_Data

Instead I get TopFolder2\NewDataFolder\TopFolder1\Folder2\Folder3\Folder4\My_Data

Can anyone shine a light on this?

I've tried using different settings in the Drive and Path boxes in the "Where do you want to restore the data?" pane.  I used share names, IP addresses, explicit folder listings, etc.

Thanks for any help!!!!

3 REPLIES 3

Larry_Fine
   VIP   

First of all - why in the "Create Forum Discussion" is there no option for Symantec Backup Exec 2015?

The proper product name is BE 15 (not 2015) and BE 15 is a choice on the forum.

Likewise - why is there no option for Windows Server 2012?

Known issue. https://www.veritas.com/community/forums/windows-server-2012-missing-os-dropdown

Further, in my restore settings I deselect the "Recreate the directory structure..." option.

Sorry, I have never used that option.

SBE_User
Level 4

Thank you for the clarification Larry.  I wasn't sure when I saw that "15" in the drop-down, but it would have been correct.  I will try to edit my ticket to reflect the correct version.

Hopefully someone will have some info on my main issue now :)

SBE_User
Level 4

Anybody have any experience with this?