cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reg Key to modify/stop the automatic Catalog job from running

DanEast
Level 3

Hi,

I am running Backup Exec 2012 with a daily backup that once run a Catalog job runs afterwards (which I believe is an automatic process).

The problem is that the Daily job is set to eject the tape after the job which then fails the Catalog job running afterwards... I've been told there is a reg key which can be modified to cancel/stop the automatic catalog job from running.

Could anyone advise where I can find this and what it needs to be set to?

Many Thanks

Dan

4 REPLIES 4

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

The reg key mentioned in this KB should help  - http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH188863

pkh
   VIP    Certified
Edit your job and click on catalog on the left-hand pane. You would be able to schedule the catalog as a separate job

DanEast
Level 3

Thanks for your replies...

pkh, I had a look within the job settings but there is no catalog section and when googl'ing everyone stated that the catalog job was created automatically.

VJware, thanks for the link I think this is what i need... I've made the change and will see how things are tomorrow once the backup runs tonight.

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

Controlling the delayed catalog capability is part of the BE 2014 admin console, and I belive you are using BE 2012 which I don't think has the option in the console. (hence you do need the reg key)

BE 2014 also automatically turns off delayed catalog against media ejects (although does have a small bug where media ejects for RDX currently have to be enabled via BEMCLI)