Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Registration of Boxed Enterprise Product

networkn
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Hi There!

I purchased a Boxed Product of Backup Exec SQL Agent 2010 which supposedly has Basic Support for 12 months included, but in the box (Which was shrink wrapped) was just a card with a product key. How do I take this product key and register to get updates which will allow me to get the 2012 versions in due course or support?

Thank you.

6 REPLIES 6

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

You'd need the license key for the media server to allow for this from what I can remember.

Either way, log onto/register on the site below, and enter in your details.

https://licensing.symantec.com/acctmgmt/index.jsp

Thanks!

networkn
Level 4
Partner Accredited

I have the license/product key for for the media server and I have those details in the licensing portal, but inside the licensing portal I don't see where I can add a product key for another product, and I can't see how a product key would indicate to symantec I am entitled to support.

Sush---
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Best would be to speak to Symantec Customer care and get things clarified directly.

Thanks,

-Sush...

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Manage My Licenses --> New and Renewal Purchase --> Put in the license key & hit Submit.

networkn
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Craigv: Thank you, I have a product key, like the one you put into BE to register it and add new agents, it doesn't seem to recognize the product key as a valid number.

Kiran_Bandi
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Producu key is different from serial number, if i am not wrong. Serial number is the one which is required in licensing portal to get license files. 

And i don't think symantec will use information from licensing portal or licenses installed in server to find out whether you are under valid maintenace contract or not. When you purchase maintenance contract, it will be linked with the customer name and Customer id (unique). Even the certificate you receive should have this information listed along with sales order number and extended support period.