cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Registry entries for compatibilty issue with Symantec backup 2010 in Windows Server 2008 R2

roshan_510
Level 2

Hi,

I had resolved the compatibilty issue, i was facing while installing Symantec backup 2010 r3 remote client in Windows Server 2008 R2, post modifying registry entry. I have missed out those entry, can anyone help me on the registry value.

3 REPLIES 3

Sush---
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Hello Roshan,

May I know which registry entries you are looking for?? The given infomation seems to be very incomplete and would request you to give the exact details about what you are looking for...

Thanks,

-Sush...

roshan_510
Level 2

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. We have Symantec backup exec 11d 2010 R3 server and was able to take back-up of windows 2008 R2 SP1 servers post modifying the registry value (i was getting compatibility error message) which i got from one of the Symantec forum. Now i want to take back-up of other windows 2008 R2 SP1 server but i have missed out the URL and the registry value.

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Symantec backup exec 11d 2010 R3 server is not a single version. Are you using 11d or 2010 R3 ?

BE 11d does not support  Windows 2008 R2 servers, but 2010 R3 supports. And you should be able to install the remote agent without modifying any registry value. The error which you showed usually occurs if you are trying to install a non-compatible version of the remote agent.