cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reinstall BE15 Server in new Windows System

atrave
Level 2

Hi guys,

I have a server w2008r2 sp1 with be15 (recently upgraded from 2014) and today the server was crashed. Unfortunatelly I don't have backup of this server, but I think I can access data stored in c:

My question is: If I install a new w2008 system with new be15, can I restore the catalogs and DB from old c:\prog files\symantec???? What is the process to follow to configure be15 identical at before crash the server??? It's possible???

Thanks!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

If you can access the Data & Catalogs folder from C:\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec directory, then it is possible to restore BE as it was.

Install BE on the newly installed server. Do not launch the console. Stop all BE services including the SQL instance. Rename the newly created Data & Catalog directories to something else such as Data_Old and Catalogs_Old. Copy and paste the Data & Catalog directories (from previous the crash). Restart all services.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

VJware
Level 6

If you can access the Data & Catalogs folder from C:\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec directory, then it is possible to restore BE as it was.

Install BE on the newly installed server. Do not launch the console. Stop all BE services including the SQL instance. Rename the newly created Data & Catalog directories to something else such as Data_Old and Catalogs_Old. Copy and paste the Data & Catalog directories (from previous the crash). Restart all services.

atrave
Level 2

Thanks VJware.

I tested your posted solution and my new BE15 with old "Data" & "Catalog" folders works perfectly and I have all my config, jobs and catalogs.

Only one of my jobs crashed, but I reconfigured this and all it's OK.

Thank you very much @VJware.

VJware
Level 6

Glad to know it worked !