cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reinstall BackupExec 12 & need license key

DeeW
Not applicable

I need to reinstall Backup Exec 12 on my Windows server and need to recover my license key.

Thanks in advance

D

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

Option1:

Backup Exec keeps a record of the Backup Exec license keys currently installed in a file 

named BESERNUM.XML. This file is located under Documents and Settings\All Users\Application

Data\Symantec\Backup Exec

Option2:

If you haven't uninstalled BE yet then open BE console, click on Tools->Install options and license

key-> Make note of all the license keys.

Option3:

Get in touch with Symantec Licensing team.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

AmolB

Option1:

Backup Exec keeps a record of the Backup Exec license keys currently installed in a file 

named BESERNUM.XML. This file is located under Documents and Settings\All Users\Application

Data\Symantec\Backup Exec

Option2:

If you haven't uninstalled BE yet then open BE console, click on Tools->Install options and license

key-> Make note of all the license keys.

Option3:

Get in touch with Symantec Licensing team.

Sush---
Level 6

Option 4:

If you have a backup of C: drive on tape from previous installation then Install Backup Exec in evaluation and then inventory & catalog the tape containing C: drive backup and then restore the BESERNUM.XML

Data\Symantec\Backup Exec.

Thanks,
-Sush...