cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reinstalling Backup Exec License

David_Bathurst
Level 2

I have just assumed responsibility of a Backup Exec enviroment with one master media server, and software that had to be re-installed and re-configured.

I have everything done, and have two issues:

• On Symantec Backup Exec Options screen, I have selected the options, including "Advanced Open File Option" because I know when I set up the policy I was instructed to select this option.  I also selected the "Intelligent Disaster Recovery" option because it looks like we paid for it, so I should use it.  I select "Next" to go the the next screen, but then selected "Back" to check and insure my selections were applied, and these two options were de-selected.
  • The next screen asks for a "Central Administration Server". This enviroment contains one master media server, and I put both of it's DNS names (short & long) and I.P. address in both options, none of which were selected.

As I can't advance past this screen I do not know what adventures lay beyond.

In case it is not apparent to you, I know little about this software.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

If you don't have a CASO server or a CASO license, then don't put anything in. Check the options where you select which agents to install (eg. AOFO) and make sure you haven't added in the Central Administration Server Option. If you have, deselect it, and continue the installation.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

If you don't have a CASO server or a CASO license, then don't put anything in. Check the options where you select which agents to install (eg. AOFO) and make sure you haven't added in the Central Administration Server Option. If you have, deselect it, and continue the installation.

Thanks!