cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote Agent - 0xe00084af - The directory or file was not found....

Scott_Hofmann
Level 3
Hello everyone,

I'm experiencing this very frustrating error on a remote agent.

Both servers are brand new installs of Server 2003. I've updated Veritas BE10 to SP4.

Situation is the Main Server (hosting BE10) backs up exchange, utility partition, system status. The only other server hosts the Files.

Installed the remote agent with AOFO to the second server (file server). The Main Server Backs up perfectly fine, but I can't rectify:

Final error: 0xe00084af - The directory or file was not found, or could not be accessed.
Final error category: Job Errors

Backup- FILE-SERVERDirectory was not found, or could not be accessed.
None of the files or subdirectories contained within will be backed up.
Directory was not found, or could not be accessed.
None of the files or subdirectories contained within will be backed up.

I have installed remote agent with and without AOFO ran jobs, deleted and recreated jobs using and not using AOFO with always the same failed result.

If anyone could shed some light on this it would be very appreciated. I've gone through all the support documents on the error message to no avail. They're all focusing on different components and situation that I have.
5 REPLIES 5

Shilpa_pawar_2
Level 6
Hi,

Have you referred to the below mentioned technote ?
http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/261831.htm

Does the backup work, if AOFO is disabled in job properties?

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.

Scott_Hofmann
Level 3
Yes, the job fails whether AOFO is enabled or not.

I feel that it's a problem with the logon account, but I don't know what it could be.

Right now I have a script that copies the files from the PCs with remote agent to the Main Server and backing it up that way. Not the proper way, but it's working for now.

Scott_Hofmann
Level 3

I feel that it's a problem with the logon account, but I don't know what it could be.

Right now I have a script that copies the files from the PCs with remote agent to the Main Server and backing it up that way. Not the proper way, but it's working for now.

Scott_Hofmann
Level 3

Scott_Hofmann
Level 3