cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote Agent Licenses Missing After LiveUpdate

typ_paddy
Level 3

Installed Service Pack 4 for Backup Exec 2010 R3 last week. Since then getting a message on backup job for one of the remote machines.

" License Violation - A Remote Agent for Windows Systems license is required for protecting remote servers with this edition of Backup Exec. Please contact your vendor for information on protecting remote servers with this edition of Backup Exec. V-79-57344-65084 - Before you can back up this resource (\\MACHINE_NAME\SHARE_NAME), you must purchase and install a license key for the appropriate Backup Exec agent."

The backup of this machine was working perfectly fine before upgrading to Service Pack 4.When I check the licensing in Backup Exec there is no Remote Agent for Windows Servers listed at all and I cannot add it as a licensing option either.

Has anybody experienced this issue and if so how was it resolved?

8 REPLIES 8

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

if this is a remote server, did you patch it? If not, do so and try again.

You can also look at reinstalling the agent if required via a push-install. You also need a RAWS agent license installed on the media server in order to backup a remote server so make sure this is still listed.

Thanks!

typ_paddy
Level 3

Thanks for getting back to me Craig.

I have pushed the RAWS Agent out again to the remote machine and it appears to be running fine.

What I find strange is that there is no Remote Agent for Windows Servers option listed at all. Will attach screenshots now to show you what I mean.

typ_paddy
Level 3

Backup Exec License Information.jpg

typ_paddy
Level 3

Backup Exec Configuration Options 1.jpg

typ_paddy
Level 3

Backup Exec Configuration Options 2.jpg

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...you might want to open up BEutility.exe and run a BEDB repair. No data is lost, but fixes any issues.

Thanks!

pkh
   VIP    Certified
From your screenshot, it looks like all your licenses are missing, including your Exchange agent license, etc. You should try to add your licenses again. Otherwise, in 60 days time and the trial period is over, all your jobs will fail

typ_paddy
Level 3

Thanks Craig will give that a try!