Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote Agent SQL error

Joshua_Small
Level 6
Partner
Hi,

During each nightly backup, we get this in our event log, with a source of Backup Exec, and an eventID of 57860.

The server in question has the SQL management utilities installed on it- so it may manage other servers. It does not however run SQL server, nor is this machine the media server, so I don't see why BE is trying to make SQL connections to this machine.

We backup a single file share folder using the remote agent. The issue isn't actually affecting anything, but the nightly big red cross in our event viewer is something I'd like to remove.

An error occurred while attempting to log in to the following server: "GAMING".

SQL error number: "0011".

SQL error message: "[DBNETLIB][ConnectionOpen (Connect()).]SQL Server does not exist or access denied.

".

1 REPLY 1

Jared_S_
Level 6
Employee
Hi Joshua -

I believe what may be going on is the bedssql2.dll file on the Remote Server is loading which is causing the unnecessary error in the event log. You can rename this file by stopping the Remote Agent on the remote server you are talking about. Only do this on the remote server itself not the Media Server. Locate the file bedssql2.dll located in the C:\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec\RAWS folder. Rename bedssql2.dll to bedssql2.old and restart the agent. Attempt the backup again to see if the error populates.

Here is a tech note that explains how in detail:

I hope this helps!

- Jared