cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote Agent Secondary NIC

Clay_Guthery_2
Level 2
I have a separate network that I run my backup jobs across, each server has two NIC's for this purpose. I have setup 3 servers so far with no issue, installed the remote agent and set the the secondary IP address of the media server during the remote agent install. Remote agent installs properly and I goto create a backup job. I have to add a user defined selection since I want to use the secondary NIC so I add \\192.168.1.xxx which connects to the server on that network. I can see the server and it shows the shares, C and D drive and I can back them up just like I would want to. The problem is that it does NOT show the SQL server or Shadow Copy components check-box. If I browse to the computer by name under the Remote Selections menu I CAN see the SQL Server and Shadow copy components. The problem is that this is on the primary NIC. Is there some reason why everything would work fine on the secondary NIC except the SQL and shadow copy items? I have this setup the exact same on 3 different servers and it works great. I have re-installed the agent multiple times, rebooted multiple times, verified IP addresses are correct, actually changed the IP Address of the secondary NIC of the computer to be backed up as well.. I have tried connecting as 3 different users, including domain admin and still it refuses to show up correctly. Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated, thanks!
1 REPLY 1

Clay_Guthery_2
Level 2
I finally figured it out on my own. For those who have similar issues it was caused by SP1 on Server 2003. I'm not sure why it did not effect the primary NIC but all is well. Support doc:

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/276930.htm