cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote Agent Service corrupt not starting on 2008r2

syed_jahanzaib
Level 5

I have Backup Exec server ( verita=s version 20.6 rev. 1188 (64bit) installed on Server 2016 Std.

this BE Server takes backup of few member servers having windows 2008, One of the client server having windows 2008r2 was working fine before , but dueto some power failure the 2008 member server restarted 2/3 times & the backup exec remote agent service not starting on it. I tried to uninstall the agent utility on client server , clean up the registery, rebooted, and then install agent vai server , but still the agent service is not starting. following are errors on client serve event viewer

Event id: 70001
The Backup Exec Remote Agent for Windows service depends on the Backup Exec Lockdown Server service which failed to start because of the following error:
After starting, the service hung in a start-pending state.

Eventid 26: Application popup: : \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\VirtFile.sys failed to load

Kindly advise.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
3 REPLIES 3

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

@syed_jahanzaib 

See if this article helps? Different circumstances, but same errors.

https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.100047607

Thanks for the TIP.

I have applied the patch but its asking for reboot. Since its a Production Oracle DB server (SAP), I will do reboot in late night , & will share the result tommorow.

It worked. Thank you very much :)