cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote Agent installation failed with error 1603

David_Perrin
Level 5
I am trying to install the 11D remote agent on all my servers. The install was successful on only 2 of 15 servers. I am trying to install the remote agent & the open file option. My Install log has a last line of

Command Line = INSTALLLEVEL=200 ADDLOCAL=ALL REBOOT=ReallySuppress EXE_ENVOKED=1 ALLUSERS=1 ENABLEADVRT=1 RAWSADVRTISENAMELIST="MGTSERVER1;" TRANSFORMS="c:\VxPushRA\RAWS32\1033.MST

: ERROR: Installation failed with error 1603.

The push log shows 2 paragraphs within 50 seconds of each other, and the push seems to have worked. I have looked for a solution to no avail. Any ideas?
4 REPLIES 4

Greg_Meister
Level 6
Good morning David,

The error 1603 is usually rights or permissions related. I've also seen reports of this error occurring on Windows 2000 servers that have not been updated to SP4, so if that condition applies to you, address that and run the push install again. Another test would be to copy the RAWS32 folder from the media server to one of the remote servers, and run the SETUPAA.CMD script to run the silent install locally.

Regards,
Greg

David_Perrin
Level 5
Dear Greg,

Thank you for the reply.  I have tried the pull install and it also does not work. If I execute SETUPAOFO.CMD the open file option seems to be added (VSP), but the remote agent is there.   When I execute SETUPAA.CMD the remote agent is still not installed.

I have been installing remote agents since version 8.5 or so, so I should know how to do it, but I just can't figure this out.

Any help is appreciated.

Greg_Meister
Level 6
David,

When doing the local install, are you directly on the remote server? I've seen issues when coming in via Terminal services or RDP. If the server is not a domain controller, log in as a local admin instead of domain admin, to help eliminate any GPO issues. Check for any 3rd-party apps or services that may be causing a conflict as well. You may wish to run DCOMCNFG and check permissions on the remote server as well.

I know all of these steps seem pretty simlistic, but as you know, the Remote Agent installation itself is very straightforward. When it fails, there aren't a lot of possible suspects to investigate.

Greg

David_Perrin
Level 5
The problem was, someway the zip file extracted incorrectly.  I re-extracted the ZIP file and am now able to install the remote agents. 

Thank you for help, Greg!

Dave