cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote Agent not detected on...

Thea
Level 3

One of my server has this error.. I just upgraded from BEWS 11 build 7170 to Backup Exec 2010. Everything works fine except for this Server A..Installation of Remote Agent is direct upgrade from 11d to Backup Exec 2010..when it was 11D its computer name is SERVER 1 then it was changed to SERVER A then I installed Remote Agent..Is that the reason why I get this error? When I try to run a job manually. It was working fine but the automatic scheduled backup is not. Can someone help me with this.

tnx

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Optimus_Prime
Level 5
Partner
Under Services right click on Backup Exec Remote Agent for Windows System Properties an go on recovery tab. For first failure, second failure and subsequent failures change take no action to restart the service. try running a manual backup and scheduled backup then monitor the job or check job log if same error still occurs

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

pkh
   VIP    Certified
You should check the selection list for the scheduled backup job.  It is probably selecting from SERVER 1.  If it is, just deselect SERVER 1 and select files from SERVER A.

Thea
Level 3
SERVER 1 is not on the lists of Windows Systems already.

pkh
   VIP    Certified
What is the error you get when you run your scheduled job?

Dev_T
Level 6
Hello,

Open the Selection list and View By Resource and Delete the OLD Server name.

Optimus_Prime
Level 5
Partner
Under Services right click on Backup Exec Remote Agent for Windows System Properties an go on recovery tab. For first failure, second failure and subsequent failures change take no action to restart the service. try running a manual backup and scheduled backup then monitor the job or check job log if same error still occurs