cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote Agent on local host generates Dr Watson

Les_Elliot_2
Level 2
On our 2003 SBS server running BE V10 build 5484 SP3 the remote agent generates a DR WATSON error when trying to back up MSFW$ . The agent is set to auto restart and then continues to back up remaining selections and remote server. Any answers as to why this may be occuring?
6 REPLIES 6

Les_Elliot_2
Level 2
I have removed the MSFW selection and the backup has worked fine. Any suggestions?

priya_khire
Level 6
Hello,

Could you elaborate on what the MSFW was? In case you had deleted it earlier and if it was still present in the backup selections, it can cause failed jobs. Thus removing it from the selection might have worked.

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Regards.

Les_Elliot_2
Level 2
On a Small Business Server there are many SQL Database creatwed at install. SBSMonitoring, Sharepoint and MSFW(microsoft firewall) config databases. For some reason the backup has just started to fail with the above mentioned error while attempting to backup this DB. I removed it from selections and all seems fine now.

Ashutosh_Tamhan
Level 6
Hello Les Elliot!

Have you made sure that the remote agent service is running under LSA?

Regards,
Ashutosh

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Les_Elliot_2
Level 2
I am pretty sure it is running as administrator. I can change it if you think that will fix it although I was under the impression that on Small Business Servers everything was required to run as admin.

Renuka_-
Level 6
Employee
Hello Les,
Please check the SQL database consistency using SQL tools.
NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answeredand would be moved toanswered questions pool.