cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote Agent requires reboot to complete installation

GA_Dave
Level 3

Good evening, I made the foolish decision to push Hotfix 150096 without thinking about one minor detail: after upgrading the remote agent, it often asks for a reboot.  Tonight is an inconvenient time to reboot most of these servers, so I'm asking for your collective wisdom: if I don't reboot the agent servers, will backups running tonight fail?  Or are the reboots to "complete installation" merely to clean up temporary files and such?

Thanks for your help, and be gentle :)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

sksujeet
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

The HF update will not prompt for the reboot and if it does you can safely ignoer this and run the backups without any problem. You can reboot it later on as per your conveyence. If you have upgraded a remote agent from previous to new version, eg from 10d to 11d or so on then it is recommended to reboot the server once but if you are just updating the existing remote agent then there is no need to panic.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

sksujeet
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

The HF update will not prompt for the reboot and if it does you can safely ignoer this and run the backups without any problem. You can reboot it later on as per your conveyence. If you have upgraded a remote agent from previous to new version, eg from 10d to 11d or so on then it is recommended to reboot the server once but if you are just updating the existing remote agent then there is no need to panic.

GA_Dave
Level 3

Thank you so much!  If I could give you a thousand thumbs-ups, I would.