cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote Agent updates not installing

Sheena_K_
Level 4
Through vunerablity scans we found that some of our remote agents needed to be updated. We are currently running BE 12.5. On the main backup servers we've run the executable (http://support.veritas.com/docs/314380) and were able to push out the updates to the other servers where the remote agent needed to be updated. Unfortunatly the push didn't work for all the servers. I receive this error: Attempt to connect to server \\serverName failed with the following error: Not enough storage is availble to process this command. There is over 1TB of space availble so I don't believe this error. Through reading other posts I want to try and run the update manually on the other servers. My question is are the files located in (E:\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec\Agents\RAWS32\Updates) on the main backup server the recently updated agent files? If not how can I manually run the agent updates on servers that are only running the Remote Agent?

Thanks,
Sheena K.
1 REPLY 1

DR0701
Level 5
Hi Sheena

Would it be possible for you to uninstall the remote agent from the failing server and then try pushing it out from Backup Exec again?  I have one server here where I get errors if I try to just update it, but if I uninstall it and push it out again, it works fine.  I know it's a bit of a workaround, but at least it would mean you're protected and up to date.

Hope this helps

Doug.