Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote BackupExec Console User (12.5)

Graham_Webber
Level 3
Partner

Hello,

One of my clients are running BackupExec 12.5 for Small Business Server - so the media server is a domain controller, and it is working correcly for backup and restore as my main Backup Service account.
Window Small Business Server 2008 - 64bit.

I am trying to give one of my users the ability to restore files, but dont want to give him domain admin access. I have installed the BE Console on the workstation and added the users to the Backup Operators group, and created a new logon account and can connect to the server, see all the jobs and query the tape. The only problem is that when we try to redirect the restore to another location on the Media server I cannot expand the media server to select a new location.

I have tried adding the server to User-Defined Selection, but when i expand it i get 'An Error was encountered while attempting to browse the contents of MyServer. A communication failure has occured.'

I have tried searching this error and the only thing i find is to check to make sure we can browse the network - which we can.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

GRaham

0 REPLIES 0