cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote Console Issues - Downloads/Updates

IanW82
Level 3

I am trying to get a remote console up and running but its not working! Fairly certain of the issue but not sure how to fix...

Backup Server

Windows Server 2008 R2 x64
Backup Exec 2014
Server Version: 14.1 Rev. 1786  (64 bit)
Administrative Console: 14.1 Rev. 1786.1059  (64 bit)

Remote Admin Machine

Windows 7 x86
Backup Exec 2012
Version: 14.0

It is pretty obvious the issue is the different versions, the main server has been updated via live update, when I ran the install for the admin console (using the original ISO I installed the server with) it completed and then ran live update, completed okay but for whatever reason it hasn't brought it up to the same level.

Is there anyway I can download the files from Symantec? I have searched all over and can't find them. I have a valid license key but my maintenance key has expired (I did kind of expect to be able to download software that I have previously purchased though).

Screen shot attached.

Any tips?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

You need to use the BE 2014 DVD/ISO image to install the BE 2014admin console. Looking at the SCL for BE 2014 it appesr that the RAC is compatible with various editions of Windows 7

Note: you cannot liveupdate betwen versions which is why your live update application made no difference.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

You need to use the BE 2014 DVD/ISO image to install the BE 2014admin console. Looking at the SCL for BE 2014 it appesr that the RAC is compatible with various editions of Windows 7

Note: you cannot liveupdate betwen versions which is why your live update application made no difference.