cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote PC Backup - Need Confirmation

J_Ziegler
Level 3
New to BE. We have 10d running on Win2k Server. We have several client PCs on the network that I want to backup from the BE server. I can see the PCs in BE and the check box is not grayed out, but nothing happens when I click on the box. I don't get a check in the box, and the client is not backed up.

I believe I need to purchase the BE Remote Agent, and install it on the Win2k server.

I believe I don't need to purchase anything for each clilent.

I believe I don't need to install anything else on the clients.

If I do the above, should that allow me to backup the client PCs on the network, or do I need something else?

Thanks,

Joel
3 REPLIES 3

aravind_kondapa
Level 6
Yes, you will need to buy a BE Remote Agent licence for every server you want to protect. You don't need a licence to protect workstations. And the remote agent should be push installed on every server or workstation.

NOTE: If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

J_Ziegler
Level 3
Aravind,

Thanks for the reply, but I need some clarification. I don't need to protect any other servers, just client PC workstations.

When you state that I "don't need a license to protect workstations", and then later in your post you indicate that "the remote agent should be push installed on every ... workstation", does this mean that I still need to purchase one BE Remote Agent license to be able to backup any number of workstations?

I just want to be clear on this, so I don't spend money needlessly.

Thanks.

aravind_kondapa
Level 6
No, you don't need to buy any Remote Agent licences if you are planning to protect only workstations. But you will need to push install the Remote Agent(software) on the work stations.

NOTE: If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.