cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote agent updade fails

Romy
Level 3
I was using Backup Exec 10d with three 10d remote agents. Then I updated the main to BE11d and all but one of the remote agents with no issues. Anyhow, one server running remote agent 10d rejects to update to 11d as the 10d uninstallation fails when it couldn't locate the original msi which was used to install it.

The original disc which it was installed from is with me, but it is looking for a msi which was on the root directory and doesn't like the ones on the disc. Probably, the root directory has been cleaned up some day and that msi cannot be found now.

The 10d remote agent is still working with 11d. But it always gives an error about the version. Does anyone know a way to uninstall 10d manually ?

Romy
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marksw
Level 5
Have you tried just copying the raws32 folder over to the remote machine from [installed drive letter]:\program files\symantec\backup exec\agents and then running the setupaa.cmd?

Mark

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
Hi Romy,

My way would be as follows:

1. Stop any BEWS services on that server in question.
2. Delete any directories that the RAWS agent was installed into.
3. Get hold of Microsoft's MSI Installer Cleanup Utility and run it, and select the option to delete entries for RAWS. Make sure you backup your registry first.
4. Run the install of the 11D agent again.

By the way, have you tried to update this manually by browsing to your installation folder and running it from there?

Laters!

Marksw
Level 5
Have you tried just copying the raws32 folder over to the remote machine from [installed drive letter]:\program files\symantec\backup exec\agents and then running the setupaa.cmd?

Mark