cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote agents and multiple backup devices

helfire
Not applicable
Hi, at present i have one server running veritas 9.1 on windows 2003 this is used to back up itself and 2 other remote servers on its own dlt tape. I now have a new server that runs an SQL database, this server has its own dlt tape drive. Would i just need another remote agent with sql for this server and be able to manage both backup tapes from the one backup exe program or would i require another backup exe program for the other sql server.

Many thanks

Chris
2 REPLIES 2

priya_khire
Level 6
Hello,

In order to backup the remote SQL server,all you need is the SQL agent which includes the remote agent. You can install the SQL agent on the present Backup exec server and the remote agent on the SQL server. You will thus be able to backup the SQL server and would not need any additional program for that.
However, while backing up, the device needs to be connected to the backup exec server.

For additional information, you can refer to the Administrator's manual for 9.1 which you can download at the following link:
http://support.veritas.com/docs/266190

Hope this helps, do intimate us accordingly. In case you have further queries regarding this issue, you can write back to the forum. In case we do not receive your intimation within two business days, this post would be assumed answered and archived.

Regards.

Sheetal_Risbood
Level 6
As per our previous reply, marking the case as assumed answered and moving it to answered questions pool.