cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote installing

Romeo123
Level 4
I cant push install RAWS from my backup exec server to my file server. It says "error connecting to remote server. Ensure that the server is available, has WMI enabled and is not blocked by a firewall.1603"

Can anyone help plz?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Symc_Techie
Level 5
Employee
You can do a local install on the remote machine by following the doc: http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/265736.htm
Or you can check the following for push install:

1) Credentials should be proper. Make sure in the Domain field, you are entering the Remote machine's name if the machine is not in a domain.
2) Try a local admin account, if using a domain admin account.
3) Check whether you can ping by IP, name and also connect using the UNC path (\\<Remote Server>\C$ )

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Symc_Techie
Level 5
Employee
You can do a local install on the remote machine by following the doc: http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/265736.htm
Or you can check the following for push install:

1) Credentials should be proper. Make sure in the Domain field, you are entering the Remote machine's name if the machine is not in a domain.
2) Try a local admin account, if using a domain admin account.
3) Check whether you can ping by IP, name and also connect using the UNC path (\\<Remote Server>\C$ )

Romeo123
Level 4
ok. I need to enter the license key for the remote agent. So that can be done on the media server by going to Tools -> Install Options and License Keys on this media server. Won't it be a problem if I have already installed the agent and then entered the license keys?

Symc_Techie
Level 5
Employee
No, that is fine. You can do both these things in any order. But both are required to be able to backup a remote server succesfully.

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
I always install my licenses first...just personal preference before doing a push install...