cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove an expired trial version in order to upgrade to BEX15

lexhollmann
Level 2

There is a trial version of dedupe on my production server and now I am unable to perform the upgrade to BEX15.

How do I uninstall BEX14 and keep all my settings, Jobs and databases.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Try this KB first - https://support.symantec.com/en_US/article.TECH185257.html

If installing / upgrading in trial mode doesn't help, then perform the below steps.

Open regedit, navigate to:  HKLM\SOFTWARE\Symantec\ and delete the \Puredisk\ registry key and it's child \Puredisk\Agent\.

Do backup the registry before deleting the keys. Once they are deleted, rerun the install / upgrade.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

pkh
   VIP    Certified

You should upgrade your BE 2014 to SP2 and then upgrade to BE 15.  This will allow you to keep all your jobs and settings.  If you uninstall BE 2014, you will loose your jobs and settings.

You would need a valid set of BE 15 to get everything working. 

VJware
Level 6

Try this KB first - https://support.symantec.com/en_US/article.TECH185257.html

If installing / upgrading in trial mode doesn't help, then perform the below steps.

Open regedit, navigate to:  HKLM\SOFTWARE\Symantec\ and delete the \Puredisk\ registry key and it's child \Puredisk\Agent\.

Do backup the registry before deleting the keys. Once they are deleted, rerun the install / upgrade.

lexhollmann
Level 2

I have Ver 14.1 Rev 1786 (64 Bit) installed. Is that SP 2?

VJware
Level 6

Click on the BE Button - Installation and Licensing - Installed Updates. Check if SP2 is listed here or not.

lexhollmann
Level 2

OK. I see there is a Second file to download.

"Backup_Exec_2014_14.1_SP2_MultiPlatforms_Multilingual.zip"

I will try that and revert.

pkh
   VIP    Certified

If I am not mistaken this file is the installation DVD integrated with SP2.  You should not use this to upgrade to SP2.  You should run LiveUpdate instead.  Running LU will tell you whether there is any SP/hotfixes.

lexhollmann
Level 2

Thank you all.

The solution from VJware sorted me out.

Deleted the \Puredisc registry key. and install continues.

Many thanks for all the prompt suggestions.