cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing Exchange 2007 Information Store from backup selections

NeilMurphy65
Level 4
Hi,

We have a BEWS 12.5 server that backs up an Exchange 2007 server running on Windows Server 2008. The server originally had 5 information stores. One of the information stores was deleted and I am now trying to reconfigure the backup job. However, I cannot remove the now non-existent information store from the selection list. I have tried everything including deselecting all information stores, submitting the job, adding the information stores back into the job and submitting again. The deleted information store still shows up under "Resource Order" and "Resource Credentials".

Can anyone suggest a fix (bar deleting the job completely).

Thanks,

Neil.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Dev_T
Level 6

Hello,

Open the selection list with the Is selected. Go to View Selection Details and highlight the Stores which is deleted and delete it.

view.JPG

Hope this helps...

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Dev_T
Level 6

Hello,

Open the selection list with the Is selected. Go to View Selection Details and highlight the Stores which is deleted and delete it.

view.JPG

Hope this helps...

NeilMurphy65
Level 4
I just made the change as suggested - it worked a charm.

Paglia
Level 2
Same situation, i deleted from selections the unused store but now - thank god during a test restore activity! - i discovered that restore don't work because can't see the removed information store.

Note that in the restore wizard i still can see the removed store, and get an error while restoring.
Info about timeline:

today -> restore some mail using GRT on deleted emails
the fix of the selctions --> three weeks ago
removal of the information store --> first days of january.