cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Renaming DLO clients- can I update the DLO database?

Dana_Larson_2
Level 3
Our domain is about to be joined to a larger domain, and in the process, all of our machines will have to be renamed.

If I just rename my workstation, DLO seems to consider it a whole new machine- backups configured for the old machine name don't translate over. Is there a way I can directly manipulate the DLO database to change the names of the dlo clients so I don't have to have my users push their many many gigs of data all over again?
3 REPLIES 3

Renuka_-
Level 6
Hello,
A change of server name can cause a problem with pre-defined jobs since there will be a problem os authentification. Hence you should use the beutility to change the server name in Backup Exec also.
http://support.veritas.com/docs/277063
NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answeredand would be moved toanswered questions pool.

Dana_Larson_2
Level 3
My problem isn't with the name of the backup server- it's with the names of all the computers my DLO users are on.

priya_khire
Level 6
Hello,

You can modify the existing jobs to give the new name of the workstations. You can try modifying the job from job setup and then rerun it.

Revert with details in case the above information does not help.

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Regards.