cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Report, What media did a backup job use, by date.

InSixDays
Level 4

I am trying to either find a standard report or create a custom report that would give me the following info:

Job Name,   Job Date, Status of Job, Media used for the Job

I have looked at the standard reports and did not find what I wanted.  I have tried the custom reports and the Media Label field does not populate.

The goal is to know what media was used for a particular job so the media can be taken off site or retrieved.

Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6

Ken_Putnam
Level 6

Haven't loool lately, but I think that the info you looking for is in the "Media Set Report"

Kiran_Bandi
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Job Name, Job Start Time, Status these fileds will come in Jobs status report.

Media Required for recovery will give you the Time and Media Label datails.

I tried custome reports but couldn't find one with all the fileds you mentioned.

Kiran_Bandi
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Hi InSixDays,

Any news here?

Regards..

InSixDays
Level 4

Hi Kiran,

Thanks for asking.  Not really.  The custom reports I created that, in theory , should work, display the correct field headers but the data is missing.  What I am doing to get the info I need is printing the job log for my tape jobs and tabulating the list of tapes manually. There must be something I have over looked.  I just want to know which tapes to send off site each month and which to bring back.  Any thoughts?

Thanks,

InSixDays

Kiran_Bandi
Level 6
Partner Accredited

I just want to know which tapes to send off site each month and which to bring back. 

If you just want this, simply Media Required for Recovery report will do the job. Select the servers, specify the time range and run the report. Checking all the job logs and noting the media used will be a big thing to do.

Try this and update.

Regards.

InSixDays
Level 4

The Media Required for Recovery report would be good except for the fact that we do B2D synthetic and duplicate to tape, so the report tells me which B2D media is needed and I need to know which tapes need to be taken off site and then which ones need to be returned.  Other thoughts?

Thanks!