cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Report generation for Unprotected Resources

Karl_Green
Level 2
Partner Accredited Certified

I like the "View" or "Filter" in the Backup Restore tab which allows you to see "Servers never backed up"

Is there a way I can automate the production of a scheduled report which generates which resources are unprotected or never backed up?

In this way, even if I never connected to the BEconsole for a month, I could be alerted by the report to tell me if there's resources at risk

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified

No.  There is no such facility.  The "never backed up" status should be a temporary one after a server is added to the console. You should work actively to back it up and this status will disappear forever.

If a server is not added to the console, then obviously it cannot be included in any BE report.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

pkh
   VIP    Certified

No.  There is no such facility.  The "never backed up" status should be a temporary one after a server is added to the console. You should work actively to back it up and this status will disappear forever.

If a server is not added to the console, then obviously it cannot be included in any BE report.

Karl_Green
Level 2
Partner Accredited Certified

"You should work actively to back it up..."  yup that's what I'm looking to setup... to be proactive with checking that nothing is missed... it's more likely that the Backup Exec admin will forget to check a VIEW than forget to check an email which is automatically generated once a month reporting on servers at risk.

Thanks for confirming that the Reports mechanism cant currently achieve this.