cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Report with List of files backed up

victvishwa
Level 3

Hi Support, 

How to export the list of files being backed up from Backup Exec 2012?

Searching the forum for quite some time, and found the cattools to be used to dump the catalog file to get the details which we need.

But the file generated using cattools is extremely unfriendly for a customer to know a simple requirement "List of files being backed up".

I checked through the default and custom reports and did not find the details needed, and all the threads have been locked.

3 REPLIES 3

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

Well you can turn on the extra detail in the job log (before the jobs run not afterwards) - however we recommend this setting is not left permanently enabled as it has an ongoing impact (disk space, job log size, performance)

Having this extra detail enabled if working with technical support on an incident also causes issues as it takes us ages to fully analyze the logs and our evidence gather tools can end up with a very large file to transfer.

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

On a periodic basis, you could increase the level of info contained the job logs. You can save this job log which would have the complete list of backed up files.

Click on the BE button - Configuration & Settings - Backup Exec Settings - Job Logs. You can set it to "Summary information, directories, files,and file details".

Do bear in mind, this log can get really large so its not recommended to keep this option always enabled.

victvishwa
Level 3

Thanks for your responses. I have been tied up with an option that is available but not suggested to use.

As a customer/user, what are the other options left to me to achieve the request.