cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Request - How to set count of concurrence jobs on the server

ramy_shaker
Level 4

Dears ,
We  need to configure  media serer to run  maximum 5 jobs concurrencly and another concurrence  job should be hold on the queue till completing  any job of the 5  running jobs.

thanks
11 REPLIES 11

RahulG
Level 6
Employee
Are you backing up to disk? or tape?

RahulG
Level 6
Employee
You can run concurrent jobs to disk .You can set this by going to the properties of the Backup to disk
Incase of Tape you would need multiple drives in your robotic Library (each additional Drive would require a Library expansion license to run concurrent backup .

ramy_shaker
Level 4

Hi Rahul,

We are backuping up to disk folder 

i know how to configure concurrence jobs per disk folder  ,

we configure one backup job to one disk folder

in some cases numbers of running job make the server so  busy 
so we want to set  concurrence jobs per server not per disk .

ramy_shaker
Level 4

Hi ,

We are backuping up to disk folder 

i know how to configure concurrence jobs per disk folder  ,

we configure one backup job to one disk folder

in some cases numbers of running job make the server so  busy 
so we want to set  concurrence jobs per server not per disk .

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

You would get the same results even if you set up the job per server ..
I did not quite get what you mean by "so we want to set  concurrence jobs per server not per disk "

ramy_shaker
Level 4
Dear Rahul ,
kindly check the following image  , about 20 job running  concurrency   ,
i want to set maxium 5  job and others should be set on queue  so concurrency   queue set on 5 jobs

RahulG
Level 6
Employee
You are running backup Job to different backup to disk folder . So the jobs are running concurenly on the different backupo disk folder .
The concurrent option is set on the Backup to disk folder . So you can run concurrent jobs to a specific backup to disk folder i.e you can have 5 jobs targeted to Backup to disk folder one . But incase if you have multiple backup to disk folder ,the only way to avoid all the jobs running simultaneously is to schedule the job such that one job starts when the other one finishes .

RahulG
Level 6
Employee
So the answer for you question is that you cannot automatically restrict just 5 jobs to run at a single time In backup exec  .All the jobs which you configure will run according to the schedule and will only be queud if targeted to the same backup device if the device is busy .

ramy_shaker
Level 4

Rahul  , Thanks V. much for your support

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

Your wellCome !! Could you please mark the post as resolved!!! Cheers !!

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
Is there any specific reason that you want to use separate B2D folders?

Also, not really elegant, but your could chain your jobs using 5 policies, so that only five jobs are running at once