cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resolving licensing errors in BE 2010 R3 on SBS2011

GarethHowell1
Level 2

I've just installed BE 2010 R3 as part of new SBS2011 installation using a Dell T410 for a client. It was initially installed as a trial (and therefore presumably had trial licenses for all options)

I created a policy to backup the server to the installed RD1000. This job ran OK

I then installed a SBS Editon Premium license.

Now, when a job runs, it fails with a licensing error 0xe000847e indicating a problem with the licensing for the Advanced Disk-Based Backup option.

How do I amend the job not to make use of this option as this option has not been purchased.

Gareth

PS It looks like the job does actually run, in that data is backed up, but there are lots of warnings about no ADBO license.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Make sure that these two options are not checked in your jobs.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

Could you post the entire error message from the job log.

Have you tried unchecking the ADBO option from the list of agents and options, if not then try the 

below step.

Click on Tools->Install Options and license keys->click on next untill you see a list of Agent & Options.

From the list uncheck ADBO option

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Make sure that these two options are not checked in your jobs.

GarethHowell1
Level 2

AmolZeroCool

It's difficult to give the exact error as the server is now remote from me. I've checked the licensing options and ADBO is not selected.

pkh

regarding the first option. The jobs were created from a policy. The Daily and Monthly jobs had the option selected, on the weekly job the options was greyed out. I have de-selected the option.

The second option screen doesn't appear on any of the jobs.

I'll see what happens when the Daily job runs on Monday and report back.

Gareth

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Have a look at KB - http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH88118

garethhowell
Not applicable

Thanks guys, checking the job settings and removing the option to collect additional info cured the problem.

Gareth