cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resoting a single folder from exchange - storage error

Rdave
Level 3
Hi,
I'm using veritas 11d and my mail server is exchange 2003.
When I try to restore a single folder that has been deleted by the user, I'm getting an error: e000848f - Insufficient disk space
so Do I need storage space available the size of the entire store?
If so, i have a problem, as the store is over 50 gig, and I only have 30 or so free.
is there a way around this?
locate the recovery group on a different drive?

Dave

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

shirmal
Level 5
Yes you if you store is 50 GIG you need 50 GIg of local NTFS volume on the Backup Exec media server.  That is outlined in the admin guide.  Drives are cheap add another one to the server.
Hope this helps

--Cheers

shirmal

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

shirmal
Level 5
Yes you if you store is 50 GIG you need 50 GIg of local NTFS volume on the Backup Exec media server.  That is outlined in the admin guide.  Drives are cheap add another one to the server.
Hope this helps

--Cheers

shirmal

Dev_T
Level 6

Hello,

Granular restore from tape, while supported, requires a two-stage restore and the Staging area must be a LOCAL Partition.

You can try Mapping a Drive with large Space and change the Staging Area as follows:

You can try:

1  : Open Backup Exec
2  : Select ‘Tools’
3  : Select ‘Options’
4  : On the left side under ‘Job Defaults’ select ‘Restore’
5  : On the right side, on the bottom where it says “Path on media server for staging temporary restore data when restoring individual items from tape” – Change the default path to another partition with larger disk space.
6  : Then Click on ‘Microsoft Exchange’ under Job Defaults  on the left
7  : In the right, under ‘Microsoft Exchange 2000 and later’ change the temporary location for log and patch files to your new temp location.
8  : Click OK

shirmal
Level 5
Hi Dev,
Has this way really worked for you ?

shirmal

Dev_T
Level 6
Hello Shirmal,

I have tried this and it has worked, but everything in test environment..on VMs....

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/articles/restoring-exchange-or-individual-mailboxesitems-using-backup-exec-howto

Similar thing to what Dev T was talking about, but it expands a bit and includes a duplicate to disk to speed things up a bit. If you hit an error, you've got to start again from scratch when restoring from tape. Having it on disk already means it's a lot quicker to go through the process again.
I've used my method in production a number of times in order to restore emails (either individual/whole folders), and we recovered an Exchange server this way too.

Laters!

Rdave
Level 3
 Hi all,

Thanks a lot for all your suggestions. One of our admin has already tried Dev's method, but it hasn't worked for him. Anyway we decided to get an approval to buy a new one. It'll be much useful for the future too if we had to face such issues. 

Dave