cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resource Credentials - which user should be used?

Not applicable
Which account should be selected for the Resource Credentials of my backup jobs? In other words, if I assign the Resource Credentials to one of the users do they need to be logged in at the time the backup job is to take place in order for the backup job to run? And, if so, can I get around this by have the Resource Credentials assigned to the "System Logon Account"? Would this mean the backup will take place regardless of who's logged on provided the machine is on? And how would one go about changing the password of the System Logon Account? Thanks.
3 REPLIES 3

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
If you are only backing up locally, with no database agents, then Local System Account will work fine.

if you also backup remote servers or workstations, or connect to SQL or Exchange, Veritas recommends that you create an account for BackupExec and give it domain admin rights. If you don't want to do that, you can (in the backup selection pane) right click on a share or drive, select "Attach As" and give it an account with rights to the resource. And no, that user does not have to be logged in for the backup to succeed.

anoop_nair_2
Level 6
Hi,

The Backup Exec service account must be a part of both local admin and domain admin group. This is a basic requirement. And as mentioned in the previous pst, the user does not have to be logged on in order for the backup to succeed.

Abhinav_Bindroo
Level 6
Assuming the solution provided is correct. Also, there is no response from the customer within 2 days from the last reply by Veritas