cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resource credentials BEWS 11d

Jim_Pearson
Level 3

We’re retiring a Server 2003 box that hosts Backup Exec 11d. There’s an LTO drive connected.  Before we pull the plug, I’d like to copy a couple files from a backup tape to a drive on my PC.  The backup is of an old email server & the tape is nine years old, but it’s in the BE catalog.  The problem is during the restore setup – the resource credentials test for the old email server returns “The directory or file was not found or could not be accessed”.  I’ve tried all the available credentials.

It’s been a while since I used BE, and can’t remember how to set up resource credentials. Keeping in mind that the old email server is long gone, how do I create credentials that allow creation of the restore job?  Thanks,

Jim

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hopsnbarley
Level 4
Employee

You will want to perform a "redirected restore". When you setup the restore job you have 2 options...to the original location or to a redirected location. I would probably just redirect it to a folder on the system that Backup Exec is on. Shouldn't have any credential issue.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Hopsnbarley
Level 4
Employee

You will want to perform a "redirected restore". When you setup the restore job you have 2 options...to the original location or to a redirected location. I would probably just redirect it to a folder on the system that Backup Exec is on. Shouldn't have any credential issue.