cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restore BEDB Using BE9.1

Not applicable
Having lost our main SQL Server which held our Backup Exec software, I downloaded an evaluation version of Backup Exec 10 to restore the databases from a different server.

I have now got my SQL databases restored and have installed Backup Exec 9.1 on the new SQL Server (which we are licensed to) and now have a BKUPEXEC instance on my SQL Server.

However I am unable to restore the Backup Exec databases. Errors - "The Active Backup Exec Database Can Not Be Restored By Backup exec" and "Restore Database Must Be Used In Single User Mode When Trying To Restore Master Database"

Can you advise on how I go about restoring the Backup Exec Databases.
2 REPLIES 2

Vidyaj__Patneka
Level 6
Hi,

It seems that you are trying to restore the backup exec database that was backed up to a file.Kindly correct us if our understanding is incorrect.

If you are trying to restore backup exec database from a SQL backup then it is not possible and not the correct way of doing it.

For restoring the backup exec database first you need to dump it to a file on a harddisk.

Use the BEUTILITY function for backup and restore of backup exec database.You can dump the backup exec databse in to a file on hard disk which can be later on or at any time be recovered using the recover database function.

Kindly refer the following technote,
http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/268315.htm

To recover the backed up database in case of any disaster, perform the following steps:

1.Restore the BEDB.bak from the tape and replace the existing BEDB.bak in the DATA folder. The Default path to the DATA folder is C:\Program Files\Veritas\Backup Exec\NT.

2.Goto BEUTILITY and select the Media Server from the All Media Servers. Select the option "Recover Database" under Database Tasks.

3. Select the option "Drop Existing Database and Reload from Backup" under Database Tasks.

This will reload the backup exec database.

Hope this helps.Feel free to revert back with additional queries regarding this.

Abhinav_Bindroo
Level 6
Assuming the solution provided is correct. Also, there is no response from the customer within 2 days from the last reply by Veritas