cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restore Entire VM

chiprock
Level 3

I am running Symantec Backup Exec 2012.  I have  ESX 5.x server.  We have the VMWare AGent and have the RAWS installed on all the virtual machines. I do a full backup of the VM and all that good stuff.  I am testing the restore side of things.  I deleted the Virtual machine off of the ESX server and then tried to do a restore back to it.  It kicked me back an error that didn't appear on Symantecs site anywhere.  I dug aroudn the gui and found the Convert function.  I was then able to then use this convert function to send the virtual machine to whatever ESX server I wanted.  Question...

Is the convert fucntion what I shoudl use to restore entire VM's?  I was thinking the VMX file and all that good stuff got backed up so I could just do a straight restore back and it would come up on the same ESX server, same settings, all that good stuff..

Thanks in advance for your help,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

chiprock
Level 3

Figured it out.  I was selecting the VM and trying to do a restore, turns out you need to select the VCenter server.  2012 seems to be kinda picky.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

chiprock
Level 3

Figured it out.  I was selecting the VM and trying to do a restore, turns out you need to select the VCenter server.  2012 seems to be kinda picky.