cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restore Errors

Eric_Lanyon
Level 4
Partner
Attempting to use IDR with a W2K3 Server with IDR. These are my errors which when I follow teh Symantec link, go no where, do nothing. I have BE11d backing up to a Backup-to-disk appliance. If I am doing regular restores, all is good. Any ideas?

Job ended: Wednesday, March 14, 2007 at 1:22:53 PM
Completed status: Failed
Final error: 0xe0001204 - The path on the media server for staging temporary restore data when restoring individual items from tape must be on a local NTFS volume on the media server. Check the job log for details.
Final error category: Resource Errors
For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-4612

Restore- idr5b13a71f971dV-79-57344-3844 - The media server was unable to connect to the Remote Agent on machine idr5b13a71f971d. The media server will use the local agent to try to complete the operation. V-79-57344-4612 - The path on the media server for staging temporary restore data when restoring individual items from tape must be on an NTFS volume that is local to the media server. Click Tools/Options/Restore to modify the path, and then run the job again.
1 REPLY 1

perry_baker
Level 6
Employee Accredited
The error itself means that an error occurred while creating or accessing the directory specified for the staging area.

This is an IDR to a remote server is that correct?

Which IDR option is selected "automated" or "manual"?

Is this an Exchange Server?
If so then on the BE Media Server when you open Tools > Options > Microsoft Exchange at the bottom where is lists a path for the "Temporary location for log and patch files" is that a path to a directory on the BE Media Server and is it an NTFS volume and is there enough space to hold the contents of the original GRT backup component?

If the server is not an Exchange Server what components of the server were included in the backup? For example the C: drive, the D: drive the System State, SQL databases, Sharepoint, etc...

You might want to run FileMon from Sysinternals while running the restore and see if it lists a path to which an error is displayed.