cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restore Exchange 2003 don´t show all mailboxes

Laraujo07
Level 2

Hi all,

I have the backupexec 2010 SP1 on W2k8 r2. The backup of the Exchange is finished sucessfully but when I try to make a restore the system doesn´t show all mailboxes. Someone already have this problem? Thanks so much.

Regards,

Lucas Araujo

3 REPLIES 3

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...you're not using AOFO with the backup are you? If so, you'll have to manually stage the backup to a disk with enough space to hold the Information Store. Once done, you'll be able to restore from that.

Using AOFO with DB backups isn't actually recommended...it tends to cause a bunch of "funnies" in the system...logs don't clear, and the way it snapshots using AOFO can cause the same sort of issue you're having. I experienced that before splitting my DB and data backups off from each other.

If you don't know how to stage manually by duplicating the backup set, read the article below on how to do it...

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/articles/restoring-exchange-or-individual-mailboxesitems-usi...

Sush---
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
I remember that this was initially an issue with Backup Exec 2010 which was fixed by an hot fix which is included in SP1. As you have already installed sp1, have you push installed the agent again to your remote Exchange server. If the remote agent is not updated then you will continue to face the same problem. Also note that after updating the remote agent you will be able to see the mailboxes only from next backp set. If you want to restore data from current backups then you will have to perform duplicate backup to disk as mentioned by CraigV in above post. Thanks, -Sush...

Laraujo07
Level 2

Hi all,

yes the BackupExec Server 2010 is with all patches and service packs. I will create a backup job to the DISK and see if all maiboxes will go show. Thanks for the reply. I will post the results

Regards,

Lucas