cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restore Exchange 2007 Mailbox Folder

create_share
Level 6

Hi!

I need to restore a single folder from Exchange 2007 Info Store Full Backup taken on the BE Server 2010 R3 Server Harddisk. The folder was accidentally deleted by a user from his Mailbox. What is the correct procedure to restore it. I tried it but failed with the error "Could not attach to the resource". GRT is enabled in the backup option.

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Restoring from tape or disk ? If tape, the entire IS would be staged first & then you can restore individual item...prolly better to duplicate these backup sets to disk & then attempt the restore...

Does the BE account have appropriate permissions such as Exchange Full/Exchange Organization Administrators, member of Domain Administrators, the mailbox is not hidden from GAL & is unique...

Also, you might try to restore to a RSG & then extract the required folder...

create_share
Level 6

Restoring from Disk and using the Domain Admin Account to restore. Do i have to dismount the database first to restore a single folder even for Exchange 2007?

Thanks.

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Apart from Domain Admin, you would have to check other permissions as well....also have to check if the target mailbox is not hidden and is unique..

no need to dismount for single folder restore...

Here is a generic KB to help you get started here - http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH71780

create_share
Level 6

Well this is strange. I used my own account which exactly has the same permissions as the domain admin account and the restore worked.

Thanks.